Romelu Lukaku on Everton exit plans: They can't attract top class players

⚽ Romelu Lukaku on Everton exit plans: They can"t attract top class players ⚽



Romelu Lukaku has explained why he wants to leave Everton.


Lukaku reckons he is close to being spoken of in the same breath as the likes of Robert Lewandowski and Luis Suarez, yet must play at the highest level to prove it.


He told The Sun: “Everton as a football club has a great history, but the future has to be written, you get me?


“We always talk about the teams of the 80s and 70s and it was great, but we we want the fans talking about. No disrespect but you want to remembered as well.


“You want to be remembered by winning trophies at the end of the day. So instead of living in the past, you have to think ahead.


“You have to think how this club has to grow, how it has to improve, which player does it want to bring in so you can challenge for the big trophies.


“I don’t know what the board’s plan is, but there were some players I knew the club could have got and they didn’t, and they’re playing in this league. I am not saying names, but they are doing well.”


He added: “I look at Luis Suarez, Roberto Lewandowski, Karim Benzema, Edinson Cavani. That’s it. I’m not looking at the rest. No chance.


“But I don’t look at other players if they aren’t going to teach me anything. If I don’t have the feeling that you are going to teach me something, why should I look at you?”