Liverpool attacker Mane: I remember everything about Klopp rejection

⚽ Liverpool attacker Mane: I remember everything about Klopp rejection ⚽



Liverpool attacker Sadio Mane has spoken of his rejection by Jurgen Klopp.


Mane came close to joining Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund following talks in 2014 but the German coach opted not to go through with the deal.


Instead Mane completed a £11.8million switch from Red Bull Salzburg to Saints with Klopp left to regret his decision as he admitted: “I wanted to punch myself.”


Mane told Liverpoolfc.com: “I remember everything about it because it was a meeting to talk about football and how he wanted to play and how he wanted me to be part of his team.


“I think it’s part of football that these things can happen. After that I never stopped working like I did before. I gave my best all the time and finally, we work together.


“We didn’t speak about what happened before because we know it’s part of football and it can happen. It wasn’t his fault or my fault or the clubs’ fault.


“When he called me to come here, it was the right time, the right coach and the right time to come to Liverpool. Now I’m here I’m very happy to be part of this amazing club.”