Liverpool legend Carragher winds up Everton fans over Lukaku shock

⚽ Liverpool legend Carragher winds up Everton fans over Lukaku shock ⚽



Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher has enjoyed winding up Everton fans over Romelu Lukaku’s contract stand off.


In his role as a Sky TV pundit, Carragher recently visited Everton’s training ground at Finch Farm where he spent time with Lukaku among others


. On twitter today, he tweeted: “I knew putting the Everton training kit on and going to the training ground to have a word with him would be worth it!”


During his Finch Farm visit, Carragher was asked whether he’d like to go head-to-head with joint Premier League leading scorer Lukaku in his current form and quipped: “No – I didn’t want to go head-to-head with him when he was 17 or 18 when he first came onto the scene!


“I’ve still got visions of coming on as a sub for Liverpool away at West Brom and trying to steal a ball from him and he just rolled me and ran away from me.


“He was one of the reasons I retired, seeing players of that ability, power and strength it was time for me to finish.”